HANGOVER RECOVERY TIPS
It is party season!!!
Despite all the hangover prevention good intentions, sometimes we get carried away with the fun and totally over do it.
If you wake up and feel like you have been dragged through hell on your knees, then here are some simple natural ways to begin to feel normal again.
1. Alcohol depletes the body of minerals and dehydrates the system. Rehydrate with coconut water. It is high in electrolytes, including potassium, which your body desperately needs after excessive alcohol consumption
2. When you wake up have a glass of water with 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt. Drink this slowly to help stabilise blood sugar levels.
3. Ginger tea will settle an upset stomach, soothe nausea and help to balance blood sugar levels. Make a big pot and sip throughout the day. Adding the juice of half a lemon and a big spoon of honey will also help to stabilise blood sugar levels.
4. Can’t face food? Have a banana. Gentle on the stomach and full of potassium and electrolytes
5. If you can face food then eat some eggs. Eggs contain L-cysteine, an amino acid that is responsible for breaking down and releasing toxins. Add some green leafy veg or cruciferous veg as these are high in B vitamins and help support the liver
6. Take some good quality Milk Thistle as it helps support healthy liver function. Other herbs that support the liver include dandelion, artichoke leaf and shisandra berry.
7. Relax in a bath and add some Epsom salts. The magnesium in the Epsom salts will be absorbed through the skin helping to ease the alcohol induced anxiety
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
OUR LATEST WORK
Shot of a young woman suffering from stomach cramps at home Understanding the Menstrual Cycle In Ayurveda the menstrual cycle is a window into the human body giving great insight into health. All three doshas play a role in menstruation with the menstrual cycle...